With an exuberant applause, Canada’s Wonderland has announced their public reopening to the public July 7, 2021. Canada＊s Wonderland amusement park is set to open for the 2021 season and welcome guests back to fun outdoors, with new health and safety protocols in place to keep guests and associates safe. In alignment with Step 2 of the province＊s reopening framework, the park opens with limited capacity July 5-6 for Season Passholder Preview and July 7 to the general public. Splash Works opens July 12 and reservations to both the park and water park will be required for all guests.
※We are looking forward to reopening the park and we＊re ready to provide safe, fun and unforgettable experiences to all our guests,§ said Norm Pirtovshek, GM of Canada＊s Wonderland. ※Safety has and will always be Canada＊s Wonderland＊s number one priority, and that includes the health of our guests and associates. With our new protocols in place, we are eager to offer some long-overdue fun to our guests.§
New in 2021, Canada＊s Wonderland will debut two new attractions. Mountain Bay Cliffs in Splash Works will allow guests to experience the exhilaration of cliff jumping from a variety of heights into water below, with the ultimate challenge of conquering the highest peak at seven-and-a-half metres (25 feet). Beagle Brigade Airfield is a new airplane ride in Planet Snoopy where young pilots can take an exciting flight.
The park will reopen with the following scheduled hours (subject to change):
10am-8pm (July 5-23)
10am-10pm (July 24-September 5)
Detailed information has been added to the Canada＊s Wonderland website that outlines the new protocols to ensure a safe and clean environment. These protocols include:
- A new online reservation system, which requires each guest to have a reservation for their day of visit and time or arrival as part of the park＊s plan to help manage capacity;
- Health screening and temperature checks for guests, associates and vendors prior to entering the park;
- All guests age two and older are required to wear a face covering in all areas, unless otherwise designated or while dining seated;
- Physical distancing markers throughout the park, including ride queue lines;
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including additional deep cleaning and sanitization of restrooms, dining facilities and other park areas;
- Additional hand sanitation stations; and
- Capacity management throughout the park.
Reservations for visits will open at 9 a.m. this Thursday (July 17) on the Canada＊s Wonderland website or mobile app.
2021 Season Passes are now on sale for only $79.99 and are valid until Labour Day 2022. If you already purchased your season passes and your payment plan was on pause, Season Pass EZ Pay payment plans resume on June 21, 2021. As a reminder, your 2020/2021 Season Pass and applicable add-ons are valid until September 5, 2022.
Employment opportunities are currently available throughout the park, and a virtual hiring process has been implemented so applicants can apply and interview remotely. Openings can be found at canadaswonderland.com/jobs.
* If you liked this post, join other readers who have signed up to for our free Newsletter…because then you will never miss another update!